https://quicknursing.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/nursing-logo.png 0 0 Merit Writer https://quicknursing.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/nursing-logo.png Merit Writer2021-04-30 11:18:242021-04-30 11:21:54strategic plan for achieving specific health care quality and safety improvements
Assessment Instructions: Strategic Planning
- Develop a 5-10 year strategic plan for achieving specific health care quality and safety improvements, based on the analysis you completed in Assessment 1. Use either an AI approach or your SWOT analysis and a chosen strategic planning model.
Evaluation of strategic choices is important. The methods for selecting strategic alternatives help leaders organize significant issues to support decision making. However, it is important that the techniques do not make the decision. Rather, leaders should use the techniques to reveal the inherent situation and to organize their thought processes. This assessment provides you with an opportunity to evaluate and apply some of the techniques for successful strategy development and implementation.
- Note: You will use your care setting environmental analysis as the basis for developing your strategic plan in this assessment.
The feedback you received on your care setting environmental analysis has been positive. Consequently, you have been asked to select one of the potential improvement projects you noted in your analysis and create a full, 5–10-year strategic plan to achieve the desired quality and safety improvement outcomes. You will develop your strategic plan, using either an AI approach (addressing the design stage), or by building on your SWOT analysis and applying a strategic planning model of your choice.
- How you structure your plan should be based on whether you are taking an appreciative inquiry approach or using a specific strategic planning model. Regardless of the approach you choose, the requester of the plan has asked that you address the key points outlined below in the strategic plan requirements. In addition, your plan should be 5–8 pages in length.
strategic plan for achieving specific health care quality and safety improvements
- Note: Remember, you can submit all, or a portion, of your draft plan to Smarthinking for feedback before you submit the final version for this assessment. However, be mindful of the turnaround time for receiving feedback, if you plan on using this free service.
As you prepare to complete this assessment, you may want to think about other related issues to deepen your understanding or broaden your viewpoint. You are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of your professional community.
strategy development and implementation.
- Note that these questions are for your own development and exploration and do not need to be completed or submitted as part of your assessment.
Strategic planning models aid in setting goals, establishing time frames, and forging a path toward achieving those goals. Consider the strategic planning models you are familiar with:
- Which model would you choose to create goals and outcomes that could address the area of concern you identified in your Assessment 1 SWOT analysis?
- Why is this model the best choice among alternatives?
- How does goal setting through appreciative inquiry provocative propositions differ from goal setting in the strategic planning model you selected?
- Additional Requirements
Note: The requirements outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the scoring guide, so at a minimum, be sure to address each point. In addition, you are encouraged to review the performance level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed.
Writing, Supporting Evidence, and APA Style
- Write clearly, with professionalism and respect for stakeholders and colleagues.
- Integrate relevant sources of evidence to support your assertions.
- Cite at least 3–5 sources of scholarly or professional evidence.
- Format your document using APA style. Use the APA Style Paper Tutorial [DOCX]. Be sure to include:
- A title page and reference page. An abstract is not required.