Benchmark – Risk Management Program Analysis.
The purpose of this assignment is to analyze a health care risk management program.
Conduct research on approaches to risk management processes, policies. And concerns in your current or anticipated professional arena to find an example of a risk management plan. Look for a plan with sufficient content to be able to complete this assignment successfully. In a 1,000-word paper, provide an analysis of the risk management plan that includes the following:
1. Summary of the type of risk management plan you selected (new employee, specific audience, community‐focused, etc.). And your rationale for selecting that example. Describe the health care organization to which the plan applies and the role risk management plays in that setting.
2. Description of the standard administrative steps. And processes in a typical health care organization’s risk management program compared to the administrative steps. And processes you identify in your selected example plan. (Note: For standard risk management policies and procedures. Look up the MIPPA-approved accrediting body that regulates the risk management standards in your chosen health care sector, and consider federal, state, and local statutes as well.)
3. Analysis of the key agencies and organizations that regulate the administration of safe health care in your area of concentration and an evaluation of the roles each one plays in the risk management oversight process.
4. Evaluation of your selected risk management plan’s compliance with the standards of its corresponding MIPPA-approved accrediting body relevant to privacy, health care worker safety, and patient safety.
5. Proposed recommendations or changes you would implement in your risk management program example to enhance, improve, or secure the aforementioned compliance standards.
This assignment builds on the Risk Management Program Analysis – Part One assignment you completed in Topic 1 of this course.
Assume that the sample risk management program you analyzed in Topic 1 was implemented and is now currently in use by your health care employer/organization. Further assume that your supervisor has asked you to create a high‐level summary brief of this new risk management program to share with a group of administrative personnel from a newly created community health organization in your state who has enlisted your organization’s assistance in developing their own risk management policies and procedures.
Compose a 1,250‐word summary brief that expands upon the elements you first addressed in the Topic 1 assignment. In this summary brief, address the following points regarding your health care organization and its risk management program:
risk management processes.
1. Explain the role of your organization’s MIPPA-approved accreditation body (e.g., JC, ACR, IAC) in the evaluation of your institution’s quality improvement and risk management processes.
2. Describe the roles that different levels of administrative personnel play in healthcare ethics and establishing or sustaining employer/employee-focused organizational risk management strategies and operational policies.
3. Illustrate how your organization’s risk management and compliance programs support ethical standards, patient consent, and patient rights and responsibilities.
4. Explain the legal and ethical responsibilities health care professionals face in upholding risk management policies and administering safe health care at your organization.
5. Relate how your organization’s quality improvement processes support and contribute to its overall journey to excellence.