- Describe the benefits of physical fitness
- Explain why vitamins and minerals are important to athletes
- Describe the hazards of inadequate fluid intake and extreme temperatures
Nutrition and Physical Fitness
Many athletes spend a long time getting into shape. They may train for a 10K run or 20-mile bike race. After a period of time, they may notice that they suddenly cannot train at the same level anymore. Many athletes are not aware of the cause of their symptoms or how they can prevent such symptoms.
For this discussion, the student will:
- List at least 3 signs and symptoms of athletic performance decline.
- List causes for the signs and symptoms you listed.
- List dietary suggestions to prevent each of the signs and symptoms you listed.