What are the main objectives of a healthcare delivery system?
Many organizations, departments, and individuals provide healthcare to the US citizens. The complex nature of the US healthcare delivery system has driven much legislation for change over many years. Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research about the healthcare organizations and their delivery of healthcare services in order to fully understand the magnitude of the US healthcare delivery system. Based on your readings and research, answer the following:
- What are the main objectives of a healthcare delivery system?
- Name some of the basic functional components of the US healthcare delivery system. What role does each play in the delivery of healthcare?
- Who are the major players in the US health services system? What are the positive and negative effects of the often conflicting self-interests of these players?
- Why is it that despite public and private health insurance programs, some US citizens are without any coverage?
- What are the main roles of the government in the US health services system?
- Why is it important for healthcare managers and policymakers to understand the intricacies of the healthcare delivery system?
To support your work, use your course and textbook readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Your initial posting should be addressed at 150-300 words. Submit your document to this Discussion Area by the due date assigned. Be sure to cite your sources using APA format.
Respond to your peers throughout the week. Justify your answers with examples, research, and reasoning. Follow up posts need to be submitted by the end of the week.