To analyze an organizational chart.
- Identify the type of organizational structure.
- From the organizational chart, discusses the various lines of communication and reporting. Identify what you have observed to be the formal and informal reporting lines; who the real leaders in this organization are; and issues of power and control. Describe how social and cultural influences of your community are integrated into the delivery of care in your organization
- Describe how generational differences influence organizational culture.
- Incorporate the organization’s mission, vision and strategic plan; including what the future looks like for the organization.
- Discuss how nursing fits into the organization, both now and into the future.
- The paper is to be clear and concise, and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation and misspelling.
- The paper is to be 3 – 4 pages in length, excluding the title, abstract and references page.
- Incorporate a minimum of 2 current (published within last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions) within your work.
- Journal articles and books should be referenced according to current APA style (the library has a copy of the APA Manual).
- Your paper should be formatted per current APA and references should be current (published within last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions)
- Pinkerton, S. E (2004). Budgets!! The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 35(2), 52-53.
- DeVore, S. & Champion, R. W. (2011) Driving population health through Accountable Care Organizations. Health Affairs, 30(1), 41-50.
- Friese, C. R., Xia, R., Ghaferia, A., Birkmeyer, J. D., & Banerjee, M. (2015). Hospitals in ‘Magnet’ program show better patient outcomes on mortality measures compared to non-Magnet hospitals. Health Affairs, 34(6), 986-992.