the steps in the pediatric cardiac
CV attendance Questions
- What are the steps in the pediatric cardiac assessment and what are the key assessment findings for each step?
- Explain the pathophysiologic differences between right-sided and left-sided heart failure and identify the goals of treatment for a patient with heart failure.
- Describe the pathophysiology of coarctation of the aorta and identify the clinical manifestations for this defect
- What key teaching points would you include when developing a post-procedural teaching plan for children and families following a cardiac catherization? Identify different strategies you might use to prepare the child for the procedure based on the child’s developmental level.
- What is a hypercyanotic spell, who suffers from it, and how is it treated?