Purpose of Assignment:
According to the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (2008), “Scholarship for the baccalaureate graduate involves recognizing the role of information technology in improving patient care outcomes and creating a safe care environment.”
American Association of College of Nursing. (2008). The Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice. Retrieved from: https://www.aacnnursing.org/Education-Resources/AACN-Essentials
- Course Competency:
Evaluate the role and scope of practice for nursing informatics.
You are a registered nurse employed at the local hospital working in the education department and have been asked to prepare a digital poster presentation for the local University’s Nursing Student Association’s Annual Conference next week. They have asked you to showcase a specialty in the nursing profession that has changed healthcare delivery and patient outcomes. Your supervisor suggested showcasing the various roles and scope of practice for nursing informatics as it is often not as prevalent to student nurses, as other specialties.
You have started your digital poster presentation. And sifting through the multitude of resources to support this specialty. You are carefully showcasing this profession geared for students at the baccalaureate level since that is the intended audience. You have chosen to create an infographic (i.e. Visme, Snappa, Google charts, Piktochart) as it leverages the NI profession perfectly. Specifically, the presentation guidelines require the infographic to include the following elements:
- Identify various roles of nursing informatics.
- Describe specific settings within your community that nursing informatics could be used
- Identify two Nursing Informatics organizations or journals to provide attendees with more information.
- Explain how the building blocks of Nursing Informatics prepare nurses for practice
- Examine defining characteristics from the scope of practice for nursing informatics
- Describe educational requirements for the role
- Analyze the impact nurse informatics has had on healthcare delivery.
- How has it specifically impacted patient outcomes?
- Describe the future of Nursing Informatics and its impact on healthcare delivery
https://quicknursing.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/nursing-logo.png 0 0 Merit Writer https://quicknursing.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/nursing-logo.png Merit Writer2021-08-28 05:20:332021-08-28 05:20:33the role of information technology in improving patient care outcomes and creating a safe care environment