Assignment: The Characteristics of Organizational Leaders
Bennet was a true asset for the accounts receivables team and for Riverville Medical Center (RMC). The success of the accounts receivable department and the finance division was, in large part, a result of Bennet’s leadership. Higher management at Riverville Medical Center (RMC) knew that with Bennet’s leadership they could create organizational change that would increase efficiency at RMC.
There is more than one way to lead, and there are multiple leadership styles (Byler, 2016). Leaders play a central part in directing organizations toward their goals (Robbins & Judge, 2018). For this Assignment, you will examine key characteristics of leaders and the relationship among personality, traits, power, politics, and leadership. You also will explore how leaders implement change.
Byler, B. (2016, August 3) The 4 leadership styles, and how to identify yours. Harvard Business Review. Retrieved from https://hbr.org/2016/08/the-4-leadership-styles-an…
Robbins, S. P., & Judge, T. A. (2018). Essentials of organizational behavior (14th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education.
To prepare for this Assignment:
Visit Personality Club (2019). Do you know your personality type?
Choose two living individuals whom you admire for making change that positively impacts society, and consider how their personality type contributed to their fame and their characteristics, traits, or behaviors that you share with these leaders. Also, consider which characteristics might be dominant in effective leaders, how the personality types of these leaders factored into their success, and if their approaches to leadership were charismatic, authentic, or neither.
To complete this Assignment:
Write a 1- to 2-page paper that addresses the following:
- After conducting research on the Internet, choose two individuals and provide a brief explanation for your selection.
- What common characteristics do the individuals you selected share?
- Are the characteristics of these leaders based upon traits or behaviors? Explain.
- Which do you personally view as dominant in effective leadership, traits, or behaviors? Explain why.
- What change did the individuals you selected champion?
- How did they go about implementing the change?
- What was their approach to leadership: charismatic, authentic, or neither? Explain.