Self-Assessment Of Leadership, Collaboration, And Ethics
Write a 3–4 page response to an employment questionnaire requiring a self-evaluation of your leadership and ethical experiences.
An understanding of one’s own approaches to leadership, motivation, collaboration and ethical situations is important to the evolution of an effective leader. An introspective lens can help emerging leaders better understand and hone these important skills.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Apply qualities, skills and practices used by effective healthcare leaders.
- Analyze one’s own leadership qualities and actions relative to a specific experience.
- Competency 2: Apply practices that facilitate effective interprofessional collaboration.
- Analyzes one’s own leadership and motivational techniques used to foster collaboration among stakeholders.
- Competency 3: Apply ethical codes and diversity best practices in health care organizations.
- Analyze actions taken in response to an ethical dilemma, using an ethical code.
- Competency 4: Produce clear, coherent, and professional written work, in accordance with Capella’s writing standards.
- Conveys clear meaning in active voice, with minimal issues in grammar, usage, word choice, spelling, or mechanical errors.
The following resource is required to complete the assessment.
- Western Medical Application Questionnaire [DOCX]. (see attached)
Download and review the Western Medical Enterprises Questionnaire found in the Resources. Use it to complete this assessment.
Read Ethical decision-making in a caring environment: The four principles and LEADS if you chose this reference to complete your assignment. See the Western Medical Enterprises Questionnaire for details.
Imagine that over the past few months you have participated in several organizational projects and met many new people. The opportunities to collaborate and demonstrate your emerging skills as a leader prompted you to think about applying for a new position. After exploring online job postings, you prepared a resume and submitted the application to Western Medical Enterprises. A few days later you received the following email:
Thank you for your interest in employment at Western Medical Enterprises. We have received your application packet. The next step for all potential employees is to provide a narrative response to the questions in the attached document. Please return your completed document to me by replying to this e-mail.
Once we receive your responses, we will review them and notify you of the next steps.
Human Resources Recruiter
Western Medical Enterprises
Respond to the scenario by completing the Western Medical Enterprises Questionnaire found in the Resources.