Title of Assignment
Professional Identity of the Nurse: Role of the Nurse and Scope of Practice
Purpose of Assignment:
According to Larson, Brady, Engelmann, Perkins, and Shultz (2013), “the development of professional identity is a continuous process that begins with admission to the nursing program and evolves throughout one’s professional career in a dynamic and fluid process where interacting relationship of education and practice lead to self-reflection, growth, and human flourishing” (p. 138).
Explain the roles and scope of practice for members of the intraprofessional team.
Role of the Nurse and Scope of Practice
This course includes a project with three parts. Each part builds off prior knowledge to help you create your nurse professional identity. In the first part. You examine the role of the nurse and scope of practice, which will help you identify the nurses’ role. In the second part. You describe the importance of the code of ethics in nursing, and examine the standards of nursing practice for the role you are obtaining during the nursing program. The final submission requires you to use the first two parts of your assignment to explain your belief of caring in nursing, describe your professional identity, and identify a potential professional organization that you may join to help support your development.
Prepare a two to three page written assignment that includes the following:
· Introduction to the assignment (sections of the assignment; roles of the nurse, scope of practice, compare and contrast scope of practice)
· Describe the roles of the nurse for the program you are currently enrolled, Identify the scope of practice for the nurse in the state where you intend to practice
· Using the Nurse Practice Act for the state where you intend to practice. Compare and contrast the scope of practice for the LPN and RN
· Conclusion (reflect on the assignment including how you will use the scope of practice to support your role)
· Use at least two credible resources to support your findings. For example, one of the resources could be the State Board of Nursing website, and another resource could be a textbook. These resources must be integrated into the body of your paper using at least two in-text citations. Be sure to use proper APA format and style.