Religious Diversity Checklist
- Is social class really an invisible difference or are there ways that people often deduce other’s social class origins? What can be the effect of this in job interviews, work-related social situations, etc.?
- In your own success in achieving a college education, consider the following four factors:
- a) your parent’s attitude toward education,
- b) your parent’s financial resources,
- c) the quality of your elementary and secondary schools, and
- d) your own hard work and determination.
First, rank these factors in terms of importance. Then, choose any three combinations of two factors listed in question 1 (for example, school quality and student work ethic) and explain why they are likely to be correlated.
- Using the Religious Diversity Checklist, conduct an audit of an organization to which you have belonged. Once you answer the questions, analyze the answers and generalize from them to offer the organization advice on its treatment of religion in the workplace. How would you rate the organization on its performance on a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being excellent)?
- Watch the videos listed below and write a reaction on how you would help understand the communication of a new foreign worker at your company (The Widget Company):