You are about to perform a rectal examination of an older adult.
- What are the steps to examine this patient?
- Explain your rationale.
- What are some findings you can have while assessing the rectal sphincter?
- Describe the differences during the rectal examination of acute prostatitis and benign prostatic hypertrophy.
- What findings would expect on physical examination of acute prostatitis and benign prostatic hypertrophy?
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in proper current APA 7 ed style with support from at least 3 academic sources. THESE references MUST BE BOOKS OR JOURNAL ARTICLES FROM 2017 UP TO NOW, NO websites.