real-world health care challenge
Evidence of the Need to Mitigate the Negative Impact of One Challenge – 2-3 pages with references
Search the research literature to find three peer-reviewed studies substantiating the need to mitigate the negative effect of this organizational or real-world health care challenge you identified as the best opportunity for EBP improvement in a potential doctoral capstone project, as well as the significance of that improvement.
Review and synthesize the substantiating evidence presented in your sources. Use the following questions as a guide:
- According to the literature:
- What is currently known about the challenge?
- How far-reaching is the challenge?
- What are the significant consequences of the challenge?
- What are the implications for not mitigating the negative effect of the challenge?
Attach a draft review and synthesis of the evidence for all three of the peer-reviewed studies.
Provide full APA-formatted references for your selected studies and include a description of the identified organizational challenge.
POPULATING AN EVIDENCE TABLE – 3 pages with reference
Finding, organizing, appraising, and synthesizing evidence are all essential skills that scholar-practitioners must master. An excellent tool to facilitate these tasks is an evidence table, which enables you to capture and summarize key information from multiple sources and serves as a concise and well-organized overview of the literature.
Becoming familiar with the evidence table and its use now will prove invaluable as you progress through your program and begin working on your doctoral capstone project. Using the evidence table to document and analyze the evidence you’ve gathered in a literature search will enable you to develop a coherent synthesis of your findings.
Compile the peer-reviewed studies you’ve collected over the past few weeks as you’ve researched organizational challenges that present opportunities for evidence-based improvement.
Analyze the peer-reviewed research studies you’ve collected and add key information to the Evidence Table [XLSX]. Then, critically appraise three of the studies and synthesize your findings.
Analyze each peer-reviewed research study.
- At a minimum, add the following information to your evidence table:
- APA Source Reference.
- Aim, Hypothesis, or Research Question.
- Research Design/Methodology.
- Measurement Method.
- Sample Population or Setting.
- Research Variables.
- Data Analysis.
- Critically appraise each peer-reviewed study.
- Address each study’s methodology, research questions, theoretical basis, findings, and possible application.
- Do not accept articles at face value.
- Synthesize the findings from your analysis and critical appraisal of the studies.
- Explain how these sources relate to one another.
- Identify commonalities and differences in research questions, methodologies, and findings.
- Consider both supporting and opposing points of view.