- Develop diagnoses for clients receiving psychotherapy*
- Analyze legal and ethical implications of counseling clients with psychiatric disorders*
* The Assignment related to this Learning Objective is introduced this week and submitted in Week 4.
Select a client whom you observed or counseled this week. Then, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
- 1. Describe the client (without violating HIPAA regulations) and identify any pertinent history or medical information, including prescribed medications.
- 2. Using the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders, 5th edition (DSM-5), explain and justify your diagnosis for this client.
- 3. Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to counseling this client.
- Support your approach with evidence-based literature.