This requires a minimum of two substantive paragraphs for each answer with a minimum total of 300 words for the combined paragraphs (not including the references). Use your textbook and outside academic references (not Wikipedia!) to answer the questions completely. Support your answers with source credits (citations and references).
1. Discuss medial temporal lobe amnesia, emphasizing the cases of H.M. and R.B. What have we learned from the study of this disorder?
2. Compare the following three theories of cerebral asymmetry: the analytic-synthetic theory, the motor theory, and the linguistic theory. Describe relevant evidence, and reach a conclusion.
3. Identify three areas of the brain that are involved in the regulation of sleep. What is thought to be the function of each area? Be sure to describe the evidence that has implicated them.
4. Compare and contrast Parkinson’s disease and Huntington’s disease.
5. Describe and discuss two important ideas that have emerged from research on the effects of stress on health. Explain the research that led to each idea and why it is important.