Assignment 3: Research Design Questions
Suppose you were going to create your own study to examine what course-delivery format (online, blended, or face-to-face) leads to the best performance in a psychological statistics class. In a paper identify the following for your study:
· What is your research question?
· What is your hypothesis (both null and alternate)?
· Is this a qualitative or quantitative design (based on type of variable collected) and why?
· Is this a descriptive, correlational or experimental design and why?
· What would be an example of a variable for this study that could be measured on a nominal scale? Ordinal scale? Interval scale? Ratio scale?
· Once you have collected your data, would you use inferential or descriptive statistics and why?
· Create a sample frequency distribution for one of the variables. Choose either a simple or grouped frequency distribution and explain your choice.
By Monday, July 13, 2015, deliver your assignment to the M1: Assignment 3 Dropbox.
Assignment 3 Grading Criteria
Identified an appropriate research question
Correctly identified the null and alternative hypotheses.
Explained whether your study would be classified as a qualitative or quantitative design and why.
Explained whether your study would be classified as a descriptive, correlational or experimental design and why.
Provided an example of a variable for this study that could be measure on a nominal scale, ordinal scale, interval scale, and ratio scale.
Explained whether inferential or descriptive statistics would be used to analyze the data collected and why.
Created a sample frequency distribution for one of the variables. Selected either a simple or grouped frequency distribution and explained choice.
Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.