https://quicknursing.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/nursing-logo.png 0 0 Linus https://quicknursing.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/nursing-logo.png Linus2021-01-27 11:09:242021-01-27 11:09:24Patient Education, Illiteracy and Effective Communication in Healthcare
Patient Education, Illiteracy and Effective Communication in Healthcare
- Explain multicultural communication and its origins.
- Compare and contrast culture, ethnicity, and acculturation.
- Explain how cultural and religious differences affect the health care professional and the issues that can arise in cross-cultural communications.
- Discuss family culture and its effect on patient education.
- List some approaches the health care professional can use to address religious and cultural diversity.
- List the types of illiteracy.
- Discuss illiteracy as a disability.
- Give examples of some myths about illiteracy.
- Explain how to assess literacy skills and evaluate written material for readability.
- Identify ways a health care professional may establish effective communication.
- Suggest ways the health care professional can help a patient remember instructions.