This assessment is a training tutorial for new nurses on the importance of nursing-sensitive quality indicators. To successfully prepare for your assessment, you will need to complete the following preparatory activities:
- Select a single nursing-sensitive quality indicator that you see as important to a selected type of health care system.
- Conduct independent research on the most current information about the selected nursing-sensitive quality indicator.
- Interview a professional colleague or contact who is familiar with quality monitoring and how technology can help to collect and report quality indicator data.You do not need to submit the transcript of your conversation but do integrate what you learned from the interview into the audio tutorial. Consider these questions for your interview:
You are not required to provide APA format for the assignment, but a Reference page that follows APA style and formatting guidelines is required.
Cite a minimum of three scholarly and/or authoritative sources.
Be sure to address the following in this assessment, which corresponds to the grading criteria:
1. Describes in a professional manner the interdisciplinary teamâ€™s role in collecting and reporting quality indicator data to enhance patient safety, patient care outcomes, and organizational performance reports. Offers valuable insight into the impact of the interdisciplinary team on data collection.
- What is the NDNQIÂ®?
- What is nursing-sensitive quality indicators?
- Which particular quality indicator did you select to address in your tutorial?
- Why is this quality indicator important to monitor?
- Why do new nurses need to be familiar with this particular quality indicator when providing patient care?
2. Provides a comprehensive, professional, and academic explanation for how a health care organization uses nursing-sensitive quality indicators to enhance patient safety, patient care outcomes, and organizational performance reports.
- According to your interview and other resources, how does your organization collect data on this quality indicator?
- How does the organization disseminate aggregate data?
- What role do nurses play in supporting accurate reporting and high-quality results?
3. Provides a comprehensive and scholarly justification for how a nursing-sensitive quality indicator establishes evidence-based practice guidelines for nurses to follow when using patient care technologies to enhance patient safety, satisfaction, and outcomes.