The purpose of this discussion is for you to evaluate a National Practice Problem. Within the context of your practice problem idea. And technology expansion within your healthcare organization.
– Select one leading National Practice Problem (Diabetes, substance abuse.. ) that is prevalent in your patient population or is prevalent in your healthcare setting and address the following:
- Describe an issue related to the National Practice Problem you selected that is impacting quality, safety. Or financial outcomes in your practice setting.
- Elaborate how technology such as the electronic medical record might assist in implementing, evaluating, or sustaining an evidence-based intervention to address the identified problem.
Use an APA 7 style and a minimum of 200 words. Provide support from a minimum of at least three (3) scholarly sources. The scholarly source needs to be: 1) evidence-based, 2) scholarly in nature, 3) Sources should be no more than five years old (published within the last 5 years), and 4) an in-text citation. citations and references are included when information is summarized/synthesized and/or direct quotes are used, in which APA style standards apply.
• Textbooks are not considered scholarly sources.
• Wikipedia, Wikis, .com website or blogs should not be used.