We all learn about medical information on the news and in media. At some point, we have all heard about health-related information in the media or looked up symptoms on the Internet; however, how do we know if our search is accurate? How do we know if what we hear is true?
Part One: Readings and Analysis
For this assignment, you will create a presentation in which you provide a critical analysis of a time in which you were influenced by inaccurate information, or you found accurate information through the media that helped you or someone you know. Your audience can be informal, such as a friend or family member, or formal, such as a coworker or conference presentation. Include the following:
- Identify a time when the media or the Internet influenced you either with accurate information or inaccurate information.
- Explain the selected topic.
- Where did you learn about this topic? For example, did you see this in a movie, book, or other media, or did you search for information yourself on the Internet?
- What specific symptoms or prevention methods did you identify?
- Explain how you determined if you found either inaccurate or accurate information about the topic.