Long- and Short-term Goals: Nursing Presentation
This week, you will submit your long- and short-term goals presentation.
Follow these assignment parameters in your presentation:
- Identify 3 short-term goals and 3 long-term goals related to your professional aspirations. You may also include a 5-year plan. These goals should be reasonable within the time frames presented.
- Describe how you plan to meet your professional goals:
- What steps will you take?
- What milestones will you set? (How will you know you are making progress?)
- How will you use your strengths to meet your goals?
- What challenges do you foresee, and how will you overcome them to succeed in meeting your goals?
- Include opportunities to leverage your ePortfolio and other resources to meet your goals.
- Explain how this nursing program and specific courses or assignments within it impacted your goals (goals met and goals still to achieve).
- Identify specific achievements during your program (e.g., a goal GPA, an attendance goal, certificates, improved writing skills)
- Self-evaluate your success at meeting the program outcomes and essentials.
- Identify memorable assignments or courses, epiphanies, or moments when your course work directly impacted your professional work.
- Describe your current nursing philosophy and reflect on how it supports your goals and aspirations.
- Be sure to include an introduction (introduce yourself briefly) and a conclusion to your presentation.
- Your presentation should be between 7 and 12 minutes long.