Legal And Ethical Issues In A Healthcare Situation Research
Analyze a healthcare situation from the news or a personal experience regarding the legal and ethical issues involved. An actual or hypothetical situation may be used as an example. Any actual situation should be presented as a hypothetical one, with any names and other identifying information changed to protect anonymity. Briefly and clearly summarize the situation. Your analysis should include (a) a discussion of the legal and ethical issues involved, including HIPAA and an indication of legal and/or ethical adherence and violations, and (b) any implications for the healthcare provider(s) and patient(s). If the situation was written in the news or a publication, also attach a copy of the written document to your response. Your work needs to clearly demonstrate the ability to analyze the effects of values and ethical reasoning on professional outcomes in terms of communication and conflict resolution.
The following requirements apply to this assignment:
- 2–4 pages in length, excluding any title page, references, appendices, etc.
- Logical flow from beginning to end to exhibit well-ordered and unified expression, with your viewpoint and purpose clearly established and sustained throughout the document.
- Original and insightful thought.
- Seamlessly integrate research to support your ideas on the topic.
- Adherence to established conventions of Standard English, e.g., correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Adherence to APA formatting
- Inclusion of a title page.
- Inclusion of a reference page, as appropriate.