IOM Future Of Nursing
Review the IOM report, “The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health,” and explore the “Campaign for Action: State Action Coalition” website. In a 1,000-1,250 word paper, discuss the influence the IOM report and state-based action coalitions have had on nursing practice, nursing education, and nursing workforce development, and how they continue to advance the goals for the nursing profession.
Include the following:
- Describe the work of the Robert Wood Foundation Committee Initiative that led to the IOM report, “Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health.”
- Outline the four “Key Messages” that structure the IOM Report recommendations. Explain how these have transformed or influenced nursing practice, nursing education and training, nursing leadership, and nursing workforce development. Provide examples.
- Discuss the role of state-based action coalitions. Explain how these coalitions help advance the goals specified in the IOM report, “Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health.”
- Research the initiatives on which your state’s action coalition is working. Summarize two initiatives spearheaded by your state’s action coalition. Discuss the ways these initiatives advance the nursing profession.
- Describe barriers to advancement that currently exist in your state and explain how nursing advocates in your state overcome these barriers.
You are required to cite to a minimum of three sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and relevant to nursing practice.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
PLEASE FOLLOW RUBRICS
A clear and accurate description of the work of the Robert Wood Foundation Committee Initiative that led to the IOM report is presented.
The four key messages that structure the IOM report are clearly outlined. A description of how these transformed nursing practice, nursing education and training, nursing leadership, and nursing workforce development are thoroughly discussed.
The role of state-based action coalitions is thoroughly discussed. A detailed and accurate discussion of how they help advance the goals in the IOM report is presented.
Two initiatives spearheaded by a state action coalition and how they advance the nursing profession are thoroughly discussed. The discussion demonstrates a clear understanding of the state action committee and the role in advancing the nursing profession.
Barriers to advancement that currently exist in the state are thoroughly explored and how nursing advocates in the state overcome barriers are thoroughly described.
Thesis is comprehensive and contains the essence of the paper. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
Clear and convincing argument presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative.
Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.
All format elements are correct.
Sources are completely and correctly documented, as appropriate to assignment and style, and format is free of error.
THIS IS THE ARTICLE LINK
Read “The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health: Report Recommendations,” located on the National Academies of Sciences Engineering Medicine website.