As decisions are made to address changes in reimbursement in your work place, how are these changes shared with the nursing staff? What suggestions do you have that could increase nurses’ awareness of health care financing issues?
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources. Your initial post is worth 8 points.
Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
Mason, Gardner, Outlaw & O’Grady text:
Chapters 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20
Online Materials & Resources
- Jamieson, S. A. (2015). Building economic value for professional nurses at the gateway to the health care system. Creative Nursing, 21(2), 85-91.
- Buerhaus, P. I., Welton, J., & Rosenthal, M. (2010). Health care payment reform: Implications for nurses. Nursing Economics, 28(1), 49-51.
- Mechanic, R. (2016). When new Medicare payment systems collide. New England Journal of Medicine, 374(18), 1706-1709.
- Kowalski, K., Cherry, B. & Yoder-Wise, P. S. (2013). A conversation with Peter Buerhaus: Crucial ideas for the next decade of nursing leadership and administration research. Journal of Nursing Administration, 43(3), 127-129
- Your assignment will be graded according to the grading rubric.