Illinois Organizational Structures and Configurations in Healthcare
1. Read the article on merging facilities. http://bok.ahima.org/doc?oid=105209#.YBsS-ehKhPZ
2. Read the article Making an Organizational Chart using SmartDraw in Microsoft Word. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/create-…
3. Read about organizational charts in Schermerhorn, Chapter 8.
4. Read about organizational charts in Oachs & Watters, pages 677-678.
5. Watch the Video on Hospital organizations. https://youtu.be/FpQEwbAV3Qw
Some tips for completing the organization chart assignment:
- Two organization charts are required: one for hospital 1 and another for hospital 2. No chart is needed for the combined department, just a short narrative on the personnel changes that might be needed in a merged department.
- Use only the positions that are listed. Do not add positions.
- When there are multiple staff doing the same function, you do not need multiple boxes to illustrate each employee. (e.g. all the coders can be represented in one box.)
- Subordinates should report to only ONE person. For example – a group of coders would not report to a group of transcriptionists. Each group doing the same function should report to only one person above them.