Think about health systems and how they impact your own community, and the public health issues you are selected as your focus for this class. Using Chapter 8 in Global Public Health to guide you, respond to the following questions this week:
- What kinds of health systems (organizations, institutions, resources) do you see as most closely supporting your topic?
- Would these be part of the public, private or informal sectors?
- How might the health systems you have identified be different if you lived instead in one of the poorest countries in the world?
- Would any supporting health systems exist in that situation?
- How do economic systems impact your selected topic?
- For this discussion there is no single correct response format, so be creative as you interpret the information from Chapter 8 and relate it to your selected project topic.
Your response should be approximately 150-200 words in length and include supporting sources.
DEAR WRITER, MY CHOSEN PUBLIC HEALTH ISSUE OBESITY IN GEORGIA.
HERE IS THE SUMMARY OF WHAT CHAPTER 8 DISCUSSES.
Conclusion fro Chapter 8
In this chapter we tried to show how community foundations, health situation anal- ysis, health promotion, disease prevention and disaster response, all fit within the context of organization and function of public health from local to global levels. To be fully effective team players, practitioners must also be able to relate their work to how larger health systems are designed and operate, the challenges facing them. And, of course, they must have a sound knowledge of public health organizations, structures and functions, the comparative merits of particular program designs, the importance of a well-trained, well-motivated human resource, and the over-arching importance of sound priority setting, planning, monitoring and evaluation in order to assure longer term success.