Health Care Reforms History and Political Debate
The health care reform political battle has been going on since the 1940s. This assignment is designed to help you understand the history of reform and analyze the ongoing political debate.
Create a timeline detailing at LEAST FIVE MAJOR EVENTS in health care reform:
- Include key dates, stakeholders, and outcomes of legislation.
- Include which party proposed the reform.
Analyze the politics of health and health care:
- Explain the political climate surrounding the legislation in each major political reform era.
- Compare and contrast the current political climate to that of the past.
- Identify any recurring trends.
- Explain your opinion about what makes health and health care so politically charged and polarizing.
Format your timeline using Microsoft® Word, Microsoft® PowerPoint®, or any other software you are comfortable using.
Format your analysis as one of the following:
- 7- to 10-slide presentation
- 1- to 2-minute podcast
- 7- to 10-minute video presentation
- 430-word paper
- Another format approved by your instructor
Cite at least three peer-reviewed sources published within the last five years in an APA-formatted reference page.