|Health Care Delivery Models and Nursing Practice|
Examine changes introduced to reform or restructure the U.S. health care delivery system. In a 1,000-1,250 word paper, discuss action taken for reform and restructuring and the role of the nurse within this changing environment.
Include the following:
1. Outline a current or emerging health care law or federal regulation introduced to reform or restructure some aspect of the health care delivery system. Describe the effect of this on nursing practice and the nurse’s role and responsibility.
2. Discuss how quality measures and pay for performance affect patient outcomes. Explain how these affect nursing practice and describe the expectations and responsibilities of the nursing role in these situations.
3. Discuss professional nursing leadership and management roles that have arisen and how they are important in responding to emerging trends and in the promotion of patient safety and quality care in diverse health care settings.
4. Research emerging trends. Predict two ways in which the practice of nursing and nursing roles will grow or transform within the next five years to respond to upcoming trends or predicted issues in health care.
You are required to cite to a minimum of three sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and relevant to nursing practice.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.The role of the health care professional includes being a moral agent or a person whose actions affect themselves and others at a moral level. It is important to have a personal ethic or moral framework in which you ground your practice and professional relationships. The purpose of this writing is to explore and create a foundation for leadership and ethics in your professional practice.
Write a reflection on the nature, sources, and implications of your values, beliefs, and ethical perspectives that guide your personal life and nursing practice. Please note, grading is based on the clarity and depth of your writing and the apparent effort given the assignment, not on the rightness or wrongness of your position. You are encouraged to be honest in your self-assessments and conclusions.
Each of the following points must be addressed in your essay:
· Primary influences (childhood and adult)
· Ethical principles that influence you personally and professionally
· Ethical practice of professional nursing
· ORDER NURSING COURSE WORKS HERE
· Ethical leadership and professional development plan. Include both positive and negative aspects of your character that emerge when you are in a position of authority.
Delhove, J., Osenk, I., Prichard, I., & Donnelley, M. (2020). Public Acceptability of Gene Therapy and Gene Editing for Human Use: A Systematic Review. Human Gene Therapy, 31(1-2), 20–46. doi: 10.1089/hum.2019.197
Kay, M. A., Liu, D., & Hoogerbrugge, P. M. (1997, November 25). Gene therapy. Retrieved February 9, 2020, from https://www.pnas.org/content/94/24/12744
Kay, M. A., Glorioso, J. C., & Naldini, L. (2001, January). Viral vectors for gene therapy: the art of turning infectious agents into vehicles of therapeutics. Retrieved February 9, 2020, from https://allnursingtutors.com/apa-styling-sample-paper/
Robillard, J. M., Roskams-Edris, D., Kuzeljevic, B., & Illes, J. (2014). Prevailing Public Perceptions of the Ethics of Gene Therapy. Human Gene Therapy, 25(8), 740–746. doi: 10.1089/hum.2014.030
Santas, G. (2019). CRISPR and The Ethics of Gene Editing: A Modest Framework for Discussion. International Journal of Clinical Research and Trials, 4(198), 1–7. doi: https://doi. org/10.15344/2456-8007/2019/138