I would like you to reflect on this experience and answer the following questions:
- What happened? Describe the situation: the people involved and the setting (1-2 paragraphs).
- What did you end of doing? Describe the outcome in detail (1-2 paragraphs).
- Why were you so persuaded to do this? Please refer to the persuasion techniques mentioned in the course content (e.g., low-ball, foot in the door door in the face). In your response, first define the technique(s) (e.g., low ball technique is when…) and then apply the technique(s) to yoru experience by clearly explaining why you feel this was the case (e.g., low ball technique was used because in my situation this happened… (1-2 paragraphs).
- How might you have acted now if you were in the same situation again? Would you do the same thing or something different? Why? Be sure to explicitly comment on why you feel you would either act the same or differently by using specific examples or statements to support your response (1-2 paragraphs).
- If you had to provide a younger individual advice about a situation like the one you experienced, what advice would you give them? What would you say to them and how would you approach the situation? (1-2 paragraphs)
- Why would you give them this particular advice (from question #4)? E.G., You can think about how your own experience or wisdom might influence the advice provided, you might also reflect on age and developmental stage and how this relates to the advice you might give (1-2 paragraphs).
This assignment will evaluate the following course learning outcomes:
- Discuss social psychological phenomena and their implications.
- Demonstrate the ways in which an individual can influence the behaviour of a group.
Please download and use this template for your assignment. Please write in Times New Roman or Calibri and double space your work. Please write your responses directly below each question listed in this document.
Please submit your final assignment # 1 to the dropbox in eConestoga. Please use the following naming format for your assignment submission – First initial, Last Name, Course Code and Section, and Assignment. E.g., JSMITH_LIBS1085_2_Assignment2.