Continuum of Care
Explain how the concept continuum of care is used in case management and within your organization. What new services/programs are your organization currently evaluating or performing that are assisting patients to reach their health goals? How do these services/programs impact the bottom line of the organization?
Quality indicators, such as accessibility, appropriateness, continuity, effectiveness, efficacy, efficiency, timeliness, patient perspective issues, and safety, can influence quality of care. Choose one indicator and discuss its influence on care inventory environments, including local, state, national, and global. Discuss the practice of linking hospital reimbursement to performance outcomes.
Reading & Resources
- Chapter 2 pages 44-47 in Fundamentals of Case Management Practice
- De Regge, M., Pourcq, K. D., Meijboom, B., Trybou, J., Mortier, E., & Eeckloo, K. (2017). The role of hospitals in bridging the care continuum: A systematic review of coordination of care and follow-up for adults with chronic conditions. BMC Health Services Research, 17
- Davis, M. M., Devoe, M., Kansagara, D., Nicolaidis, C., & Englander, H. (2012). “Did I do as best as the system would let me?” healthcare professional views on hospital to home care transitions. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 27(12), 1649-56.
- Asgar, A. H., Ravaghi, H., Kringos, D. S., Ogbu, U. C., Fischer, C., Azami, S. R., & Klazinga, N. S. (2014). Using quality measures for quality improvement: The perspective of hospital staff. PLoS One, 9(1)
- Buerhaus, P. I., DesRoches, C., Applebaum, S., Hess, R., Norman, L. D., & Donelan, K. (2012). Are nurses ready for health care reform? A decade of survey research. Nursing Economics, 30(6), 318-29, quiz 330.
- Elwood, T. W., DrP.H. (2013). Health reform in the context of entelechy. Journal of Allied Health, 42(3), 127-34.
- Feemster, L. C., & Au, D. H. (2014). Penalizing hospitals for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease readmissions. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, 189(6), 634-9.
- Review American Association of Managed Care Nurses to explore information related to finance and payment structuring.
- All submissions should have a title page and reference page.
- Utilize a minimum of two scholarly resources.
- Adhere to grammar, spelling and punctuation criteria.
- Adhere to APA compliance guidelines.
- Adhere to the chosen Submission Option for Delivery of Activity guidelines.
- 4 to 6-page paper. Include title and reference pages.