In this week, you will continue to complete the tasks of the project topic selected in Week 1. Respond only to the Topic below that you have started in Week 1.
Topic 1: Disease Process
For a hypothetical patient who has the disease you selected, create a socioeconomic profile of your choice.
- What is the level of this patient’s income, education, work experience, and cultural influences?
- How might these socioeconomic factors influence his or her ability to access the necessary healthcare?
- How can the patient engage in self-care practices, such as modifying diet and exercise, and understand the nature of the illness, treatment, and prognosis?
- What healthcare services for this disease does the patient has access to?
Topic 2: Healthcare Profession
Identify the education and training of the healthcare professional you selected to study and answer the following:
- What is the interface between this profession and other healthcare providers?
- Who might their superior be in the healthcare network?
- Who might their peers be? Colleagues? Subordinates?
- What referral patterns might exist for this professional?
Remember this is a high stakes assignment. Review the rubric prior to completion to ensure you have covered all the necessary points.