Managing an Outbreak
In this assignment, you will be tasked with developing a data-driven plan to improve patient outcomes from a transmissible disease outbreak scenario in a typical health care facility.
To complete this assignment, remember to reference the resources you found in your Week 6 activity. In addition, you may also use the Internet and Strayer databases as well as refer to your readings in the textbooks.Write a 5–6 page paper in which you do the following:
- Evaluate three possible epidemiological approaches you might utilize to manage the chosen outbreak.
- Be sure to compare and contrast your chosen approaches.
- Recommend at least six steps in a plan that may be presented to an audience of interest to prevent the proliferation of this particular disease.
- Be sure to include support for recommendations.
- Use at least six peer-reviewed academic resources (this may include the three sources from your Week 6 activity) in this assignment.
- Use at least six sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. These sources must be less than 5 years old. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the Strayer Library or review Strayer Library Guides.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your faculty for any additional instructions.
From Managerial Epidemiology:
- Chapters 1.9, 3.11, 7.7–7.8, 10, 11.14, 14, 15.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Develop a data-driven plan that uses epidemiologic principles to improve patient outcomes in a transmissible disease outbreak in a health care setting.
Cover and Reference page does not count towards the page length.