Remember your project should include the following:
· A “criminal minds” individual will be your “patient” from the list below for your project.
· A brief history of the patient including diagnoses (documented or your thoughts if no diagnosis is recorded) and medications (if applicable). Not a lot of gory details about their crimes.
· Any substance abuse, addiction or violence issues surrounding this mental health problem.
· List appropriate nursing interventions for your chosen patient. Include sources for evidence-based practice. What might have made the difference between functional mental illness to the progression to criminal behavior.
· Include 3 relevant Nursing Diagnoses for your patient.
· The paper should use APA formatting and be at least 3 pages in length.
John Wayne Gacey
H. H. Holmes
Richart T. Chase
BTK Dennis Rader
Son of Sam
Henry Lee Lucas
John Wayne Wilson
Craig List Killers
John Wilkes Booth
Darren Deon Vann
|Describes the patient that is the subject of the project including diagnoses, medications, and history OR describes the community, its strengths and problems and the mental health issue that will be the subject of the paper.||4|
|Includes any substance abuse or violence issues for the patient or community||2|
|Discusses attempted interventions, what has been successful and what has not.||4|
|Describes own personal thoughts about the patient’s or community’s mental health issues.||4|
|Describes any cognitive concerns and possible interventions.||2|
|Writes a nursing care plan including three priority nursing diagnoses with r/t and AEB factors.||4|
|Includes outcomes in NOC language and interventions in NIC language with a plan for evaluation.||4|
|Identifies mental health resources that can be used with the patient or community. Includes an educational tool.||4|
|Supports answers using academic resources, with citations in APA format.||2|