Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: Group Settings Versus Family Settings
Wk8Discussion: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: Group Settings Versus Family Settings
THIS IS AN OPEN DISCUSSION: 2-3 pages
- Postan explanation of how the use of CBT in groups compares to its use in family settings.
- Provide specific examples from your own practicum experiences.
- Then, explain at least two challenges counselors might encounter when using CBT in the group setting.
- Support your response with specific examples from this week’s media.
- Include 3 citations and corresponding references. Make sure to add at least one from the Learning Resources.
Bjornsson, A. S., Bidwell, L. C., Brosse, A. L., Carey, G., Hauser, M., Mackiewicz Seghete, K. L., & … Craighead, W. E. (2011). Cognitive-behavioral group therapy versus group psychotherapy for social anxiety disorder among college students: A randomized controlled trial. Depression and Anxiety, 28(11), 1034-1042. doi:10.1002/da.20877
Safak, Y., Karadere, M. E., Ozdel, K., Ozcan, T., Türkçapar, M. H., Kuru, E., & Yücens, B. (2014). The effectiveness of cognitive behavioral group psychotherapy for obsessive-compulsive disorder. Turkish Journal of Psychiatry, 25(4), 225-233.