In this assignment, students will pull together the capstone project change proposal components they have been working on throughout the course to create a proposal inclusive of sections for each content focus area in the course. For this project, the student will apply evidence-based research steps and processes required as the foundation to address a clinically oriented problem or issue in future practice.
Develop a 1,250-1,500 written project that includes the following information as it applies to the problem, issue, suggestion, initiative, or educational need profiled in the capstone change proposal:
- Clinical problem statement.
- Purpose of the change proposal in relation to providing patient care in the changing health care system.
- PICOT question.
- Literature search strategy employed.
- Evaluation of the literature.
- Applicable change or nursing theory utilized.
- Proposed implementation plan with outcome measures.
- Discussion of how evidence-based practice was used in creating the intervention plan.
- Plan for evaluating the proposed nursing intervention.
- Identification of potential barriers to plan implementation, and a discussion of how these could be overcome.
- Appendix section, if tables, graphs, surveys, educational materials, etc. are created.
Review the feedback from your instructor on the Topic 3 assignment, PICOT Question Paper, and Topic 6 assignment, Literature Review. Use this feedback to make appropriate revisions to these before submitting.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
RN to BSN
1.1: Exemplify professionalism in diverse health care settings.
2.2: Comprehend nursing concepts and health theories.
3.2: Implement patient care decisions based on evidence-based practice.