Personal Philosophy Of Culturally Competent Nursing
Apply a model of cultural competence to personal practice beliefs. For this assignment:
- Reflect on the 5 constructs of Campinha-Bacote’s model of The Process of Cultural Competence in the Delivery of Healthcare Services: Cultural desire, Cultural Awareness, Cultural Knowledge, Cultural Skill, and Cultural Encounters.
- Review the Mission statements and values of St. Thomas University and its Nursing programs.
- Reflect on your learning during this course.
- Evidence of reflection on Campinha-Bacote’s cultural competency model and/or STU mission and values.
- Your personal beliefs.
- Your philosophy statement(s) related to culturally competent nursing care.
- Implementing your beliefs.
- Continuing your journey towards cultural competence.
- Your paper should be formatted per current APA and references should be current (published within the last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions)
- The paper is to be clear and concise and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation, and misspelling.
- The paper is to be no shorter than 1 page; nor longer than 2 pages in length, excluding the title, abstract, and references page.