The Nurse as Advocate
In a Microsoft Word document of 5-6 pages formatted in APA style, you will describe the advocacy process. Whether nurses are advocating for their patients, health care, and/or policies that improve people’s lives, the advocacy processes have commonalities that transcend the subject of their advocacy. There are also differences, although these differences may be more nuanced than obvious.
Review the following chapters from your course textbook:
- Taking Action: Nurse, Educator, and Legislator: My Journey to the Delaware Senate
- Taking Action: A Nurse in the Board Room
Respond to the following questions based on your readings:
- Describe what you believe to be the drivers for each of the individual advocates.
- What factors led the individuals to become advocates?
- Discuss the challenges that each of the individuals identified in their writings.
- Analyze these drivers and challenges and compare them with your own experience to date as an advocate.
- In what ways do you believe you can expand your advocacy skills within the next five years?
On a separate references page, cite all sources using APA format. Helpful APA guides and resources are available. Below are guides that are located in the library and can be accessed and downloaded via the South University Online Citation Resources: APA Style page. The American Psychological Association website also provides detailed guidance on formatting, citations, and references at APA Style.
• APA Citation Helper, Quick Sheet, Style Formatting Guidelines for a Written Essay, Basic Essay Template
Please note that the title and reference pages should not be included in the total page count of your paper.