https://quicknursing.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/nursing-logo.png 0 0 https://quicknursing.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/nursing-logo.png 2023-05-25 01:44:592023-05-25 01:44:59SCHOLARLY PAPER
Affordable Care Act (ACA)
The comprehensive health care reform law enacted in March 2010 (sometimes known as ACA, PPACA, or â€œObamacareâ€).
The law has 3 primary goals:
- Make affordable health insurance available to more people. The law provides consumers with subsidies (â€œpremium tax creditsâ€) that lower costs for households with incomes between 100% and 400% of the federal poverty levelLinks to an external site..
- Expand the Medicaid program Links to an external site.to cover all adults with income below 138% of the federal poverty level. (Not all states have expanded their Medicaid programs.)
- Support innovative medical care delivery methods designed to lower the costs of health care generally.
Write a 2-3 page paper (plus a tile and reference page) answering the questions below:
- How many people in Florida do not have health insurance even though the Affordable Care Act law was enacted in 2010 (What is the national average)? (10 points)
- Has there been a penalty enforced for not having healthcare in the US? How is this changing? (10 points)
As a â€˜Policy Designerâ€™ discuss your professional view on:
- Should government mandate all people to have health insurance?
- Why/ why not (20 points)
- Support your â€˜expertâ€™ opinion by synthesizing three research articles of your choice (10 points)