The purpose of Reflection-in-Action is to reflect upon what one has learned or how one has performed as compared with one’s expectations or goals. This assignment will provide an opportunity for students to share their experiences, thoughts, feelings and learning moments from this course.
Self understanding through reflection on life experiences, feelings, etc., is a core concept in Dr. Jean Watsonâ€™s Theory of Human Caring.
The Reflection for this course must address at least three (3) of the following topics:
- Learning moments or activities from this course
- Thoughts on evidence-based practice
- Evidence supporting Jean Watsonâ€™s Theory of Human Caring
- Ethics in research
- Protecting human subjects in quality improvement or evidence-based practice projects
- Understanding or comfort level with statistics in nursing research and other research reports
- Perception of MSN graduatesâ€™ role in nursing research
- Creating and sustaining an Evidence-Based nursing environment
- Asking compelling, clinical questions
- Lessons learned while conducting evidence-based literature review
- Length: A minimum of two and maximum of four pages (excluding the title and reference pages). Submissions not meeting the minimum and maximum page requirements will receive a grade of zero.
- Format: Formal paper, APA 6th ed format for body of paper and all citations.