(AED) not readily available at High school football game .In the meantime, an emergency squad arrived and resuscitated the spectator. On Monday morning, you as the school nurse learn of the absence of the AED only to find out that it had been locked in the custodianâ€™s closet. Reflect on the following questions outlined in the â€œPolitical Analysis and Strategiesâ€
- What is the issue?
- Is it my issue, and can I solve it?
- Is this the real issue or merely a symptom of a larger one?
- Does it need an immediate solution, or can it wait?
- Is it likely to go away by itself?
- Can I risk ignoring it?
- What are the possible solutions? Are there risks to these solutions?
- What steps would you need to take in order to solve the issue?
- Does anyone else at the school need to be involved in the solution?
- Where is the power leverage in the school to reach the preferred solution?
- Reaching a solution requires the use of power vested in the nurse. Review Box 9-1 (Sources of Power) and determine which type(s) of power the school nurse has in this situation. State your reasons for your answer.
On a separate references page, cite all sources using APA format. H