https://quicknursing.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/nursing-logo.png 0 0 Merit Writer https://quicknursing.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/nursing-logo.png Merit Writer2021-09-19 23:23:362021-09-19 23:25:48Emerging Technology In Healthcare
Emerging Technology In Healthcare
- Review the rubric that is linked below to make sure you understand the criteria for earning a maximum of 30 points for this discussion.
- Review chapter 10 and read chapters 13, 14, 15, and 16 in the textbook: Applied Clinical Informatics for Nurses.
- Prepare to discuss the following prompts:
- After reading chapter 13 and researching current literature about the positive impact of telehealth on patient outcomes, describe a patient population or public health situation that has benefited from this technology and support your discussion with a scholarly source.
- Research current scholarly literature for examples of future technologies that are being investigated for prevention and treatment in healthcare settings. Describe how it is used and how it promotes optimal patient outcomes?
- Describe your experience with mHealth applications. What future E-Health applications would you like to see used in nursing and why?
- Your initial post should be at least four paragraphs in length, with a minimum of three sentences in each paragraph. Your post should be submitted by the end of day #4 of this workshop.
- Cite and reference two current, scholarly sources to support your discussion post.
- Read and respond to at least two classmates’ initial posts by the end of the workshop. You are encouraged to respond to the follow-up instructor questions directed to you. Your responses to classmates should be a minimum of six sentences in length.
- Whether written or spoken, interactions are expected to:
- clearly and thoroughly address the prompt with meaningful information that shows critical thinking.
- introduce your own ideas and questions to add greater depth to the discussion, rather than restating what your have shared. (Include much more than “Great post,: or “I agree.”)
- refer to relevant course concepts as you discuss your learning together.
- develop insightful conversation by directly addressing your classmates’ ideas.
- demonstrate professionalism
- Forum participation (including initial post and responses) occurs on at least two different days of the workshop.