Bipolar Case Study
Based on the case study, answer the following questions.
1. What information, if any, would you like to know that was not included in the case?
2. Which psychiatric symptoms are a treatment priority for this case?
3. What are the non-pharmacologic issues in this case (problems/complaints that cannot be addressed by medication)?
4. List one medication that would be appropriate for this case. Include the name and starting dose.
5. Describe your clinical decision making. What is your rationale for choosing this medication? Also, include the mechanism of action for this medication choice, and the neurotransmitters and areas of the brain in which the medication is proposed to act on.
6. What laboratory testing/monitoring is needed for safely prescribing this medication?
7. Are there any contraindications or safety issues associated with this medication?
9. What are the safety concerns, if any, associated with this case? How will you address safety?
10. When would you follow up with this patient?
11. List your references.
1. Post your responses to questions in the discussion board.
2. Respond to two peers’ posts.